Tuesday, November 17, 2009

3 more sleeps!

I can hardly believe that next week at this time we'll have already spent our first night and day with our little Hannah Faith.

We are as prepared as we can be I think. I almost feel too calm, then I have that feeling of 'am I forgetting something?!!!!'. I hope that we have a safe, healthy trip. I pray that our Hannah will accept our love and comfort during the transition.

As Victoria is older and has been through this once before, apart from making sure all is well organized for school, social etc. I believe she is ready! She is so excited to meet Hannah and is working hard on us to allow her to miss school on the Friday we return home:) I think the day will seem a lot slower being at home! We only arrive at 11:43 pm after all! As for Mara-Grace, we have done our very best to prepare her for the 2 weeks we will be gone. We have read many of our adoption related kids books, talked so much about our journey to her. She has a renewed interest in looking at her special journey albums, clothes (when we met her in person) and scrapbooks etc.... We have talked a lot about how we will 'talk' when we are in China. We also have made many calls to "Granny" about how Mara likes this or that, or what she usually has or does (Example: she wanted to phone Granny to tell her that sometimes she calls her socks, "slippery sockily's" those would be the socks without grips on the bottom. hehe) All of her phone calls are made in a very important, serious manner. No problem. Of course my Mom is wonderful and very reassuring to Mara-Grace. So, I do believe Mara-Grace is set. She is also looking forward to the Christmas countdown. Funny tidbit, Mara-Grace had a chocolate countdown to her chocolate countdown this year! (Basically, she just couldn't wait- the other was bought too early I suppose! LOL ) She is also delighted with the countdown to our return each morning (I wrapped a little surprise and letter for each day that we'll be away).

Lady has an appointment at the spa the day before we leave, so she too will be ready! Actually, she has a sore on her leg that I am hoping will heal itself. Otherwise, we'll have a quick visit to the vet this week too.... My poor ole Lady bug. My furry baby!

The cars, house instructions/info, agendas etc... are all set! Even our Christmas decorations and tree are up! I know, I know, each year I want earlier and earlier, but this year I swear it is because we'll be away! I toyed with it being too overwhelming for Hannah when we arrive home, but then decided that it seemed unimaginable to begin decorating when we have just returned home. This way it is done. Plus, it is so pretty and relaxing to just sit (if only for a few minutes) in the evenings and enjoy the little white lights:) Apart from a few things for Hannah, and 2 other presents, we are set! Our shopping and wrapping have been completed! And Mara-Grace and I started our Christmas baking. What wasn't wolfed down has made it safely to the freezer! I would like to add that I am not the culprit:))

Well, it is time to take on the day!

xoxo

5 comments:

4D said...

I can not imagine how exciting a time this is! Hope to experience myself soon.

I am crossing fingers that we can see each other in Beijing!

Keep smilin!

P.S. I have a little something for Hannah but at this stage...we will see each other after the returns and I will give it to her then.

P.P.S. Ann at Red Thread told me that our orphanage and the Kunming one are ones that do not share info. I know that you had mentioned your dealings with Mara's orphanage. Wanted to share...been meaning to email you.

Wanda said...

Oh, my heart just lept! Three more sleeps and you're off!

Good for you for having everything ready and managing to remain calm. May it continue till your sweet Hannah is in your arms (and after too).

Sooooooooo excited for you.
Hugs,
Wanda

hm said...

Dear Jen and Family,

May God bless every moment of your long awaited journey. Your little miracle is about to meet her forever family and you are finally going to hold her in your arms where she belongs. Enjoy every moment in China, as you already know it is such a special time...a time like no other!!!

Wishing you a safe and healthy trip there and back.

I hope we will be getting news and pictures while you are in China.

Take good care

Helen

Jednet said...

Only three more! It's happening so fast. You are so smart to get your tree up and to get as much done as possible before you leave. If your new 'close in age' siblings were anything like ours were, you'll have a lot going on once you get back.

Don't worry about being too calm. The second time around is just so much easier and so much more fun.

Enjoy your last few days as the family you are used to.....it will never be like this again (it will be wonderful, just not like it is now).

Dawn

Famille Charbonneau-Daoust said...

... à notre maison aussi, l'arbre de noel est déjà fait !!!!

À vendredi :)
Dominique