Wednesday, December 2, 2009

(Wednesday Dec.2nd)

We were blessed again today with a blue sky! We have been so fortunate with the weather during our trip. Gorgeous sun and a high of about 9.

It was a lovely day to stroll through The Summer Palace. Hannah is slowly getting a little more used to her stroller. The first time I tried the stroller was the day before we left Nanchang and it was only for 5 minutes. She wasn't impressed not being carried around in her carrier on me!
This week however, we haven't had much choice but to use our stroller more and more. Because the visits require a lot of walking, it makes the most sense. She is happiest in her stroller either holding my finger, or eating cheerios and cookies (Mum-Mum's and Bin Bins)!

The Summer Palace is one of my favorite places to visit in Beijing. It even has a man made lake there called, "Kunming Lake". Kunming is where Mara-Grace was originally from. Anyway, the Summer Palace was once again, much enjoyed. There were the usual people selling their goods there. New and worth mentioning was a clown face. Plastic nose, glasses and a mustache that inflated (it was ridiculously funny really and Kev regarets not taking a pictuer of it!) and also the Panda hats!

We had a beautiful walk through the lovely scenery and paintings/pictures which line the walkway. Despite the crowds, it was a serene, majestic stroll.

After this we went to eat as a group in a local restaurant. This wasn't nearly as good as our lunch yesterday. It was served buffet style and had many groups eating there. It lacked the flavour and atmosphere of the restaurant yesterday.

After this we made a stop at a silk store and the bank. Kevin exchanged some travellers cheques and they made him fill out each one. He was in there almost an hour! YIKES!
Thankfully no one was waiting on him (except for his 'girls' in the bus!) as they were all shopping for silk.

On our way back to the hotel Sandrine our guide announced that our babies visas were ready! And then she requested that , "Chef" (Group leader) Kevin accompany her to the embassy. So, out they went. I went back to the hotel with Hannah and had a grand time playing! Poor Kev only got back about 3 hours later.

We had a nice supper in our hotel tonight and Hannah Faith had her bath and 'bottle' (formula in her sippy cup!) and she went off to sleep. She must have been extra tired tonight as she only had her nap this morning.

So, Hannah is officially a Canadian citizen now!!!!!!!!

Also, another exciting bit of info that I have been neglecting to write is that Hannah responds well to her name when called! She even says, "Hannah" but we aren't sure if this is coincidence or not! She has been calling Kevin , "Dada" and she calls me, "Mama"!!!! Melt my heart!!!!!!!!

I remember dreaming about the day that I would kiss her cheeks in person. I am so thankful that here we are now...

Tomorrow is our last full day in Beijing. Time has flown.

Much love xoxo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet that she is already calling you guys Mama and Dada!! It was meant to be!!

I can't believe how fast your adventure has gone. Soon you will be back home with your family all together where you belong.

I can't wait till Friday because you will then be home (late evening)and I will see Mara Grace at art class. Oh the fun begins!!

By the way everytime we drive along Cherrystone, Jake points to your house and says Dog. I think Lady had a big impression on him. André says there is no dog outside Jake. I then have to explain that at Mara Grace's house there is a dog. I think it is so cute. Of course, André isn't sure of his brother knowing something that he doesn't.

Enjoy your last few day in Beijing.

Take care
Joanne and family

Wanda said...

Wow, one more full day left. I'm sure you're so anxious to get home and see your other daughters and family. But, of all of the accounts of China that I have read and heard of - yours is the most contented. You've really enjoyed your trip.

As I have through you. Thanks, my friend.

Hugs.

hm said...

Time has flown...what a wonderful experience your trip has been for all three of you. Hannah sounds delightful and I agree with Wanda your happiness and joy has been evident in all your posts.

Thank-you for sharing your journey with us. I bet you will shed a few tears when you leave China, the homeland of two of your sweet daughters...I cried too when we left...but "THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME"

Soon your family will all be together...and Hannah will be showered with the love of her new sister.

Enjoy your last day and have a safe trip home.

Helen

hm said...

Hannah Sweetie, I meant to say that you will be showered with the love of your "TWO" new sisters.

I'm sure they are counting every moment until your arrival.


Helen

Anonymous said...

You must be busy getting ready to come home.

We wanted to thank you for inviting us on this wonderful journey for the last two weeks. Hannah you have found a dream family and they have found a dream daughter. You will miss China but I am sure you will love your new home. It is a home where your Mom ,Dad and two sisters live and it is a home filled with love. It is also your forever home.

Wishing you a safe journey home back to your family and a warm welcome.
Love,
Joanne and family

Donna Whitehall said...

Well first of all I would like to say "YAHOO" to Hannah becoming a Canadian citizen.

You're melting my heart(Dada,Mama) that's fantastic.

It sure did go fast, I can't believe you're coming home tomorrow night. I'm so excited for all of you. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about Victoria & Mara-Grace meeting Hannah for the first time, face to face.

Oh what a Christmas you guys are going to have.

Take care and have a safe flight home.

It's been fantastic taking this journey with you(for the 2nd time) through your blog, it's like we were all there with you. Thank you for sharing.

Love Donna xoxoxoxoxoxoxox