Tuesday, November 24, 2009

(Tuesday, November 24)
Well, eventually we ended up waking our little sleepy head! We actually had the webcam posting live so our girls at home could 'see' Hannah awake!

I was prepared for her to be rather disappointed and upset waking up to the reality that she is still with us. But, honestly, we woke her up and she just studied us and then I lifted her up and she didn't cry. Relief! She didn't appreciate being changed right away, but we had no other choice due to our appointment at Civil Affairs this morning. We quickly rushed downstairs, and sat at a table that hadn't even been cleaned. We hurried Hannah through some breakfast and took the rest for the road. I so hated rushing her this morning. And I would have preferred to let her waken naturally, but this wasn't an option today! She was a good sport! Kevin and I each ate in about 2 minutes flat.

We drove back over to the building we were in yesterday. We were there for a total of approx. 2 hours. All went smoothly. We did the paperwork and saw the orphanage director. We didn't have a chance to ask for the address of Hannah's Foster mother. I had mentioned our wanting to meet with her to our guide but we haven't heard if this would be possible. I have mixed feelings about this really. I originally thought that it would be a good idea for sake of closure, but at the same time she is doing soincredibly well so far that I do not want to mix her up in any way. From what our guide said it sounds complicated to arrange this, so perhaps I will talk with her this afternoon about requesting for her address instead so that we can send her pictures/updates in the mail. She has taken such wonderful care of Hannah, and she has been in her care since she was one month old. I can only imagine how much she must miss this beautiful little soul.... I would love the chance to keep in touch if she would also like this.

Anyway, while Kevin did the paperwork and extras for the other families (he is our group leader) Hannah Faith and I snuggled and played. She was talking up a storm with me and laughing out loud. She loves to play but is a gentle little one.

After Civil Affairs we went to the Notary and Kev went with our guide and others to the bank. After that it was back to our hotel. We got back for lunch and fed Hannah some congee, fruit and attempted yet again, some formula. No luck. We are going to buy her Nestle today as this is what they told us this morning that she drinks. So, we shall set out after naptime or tonight on an adventure for formula!

After lunch I laid Hannah down into her crib and she started to cry. I rubbed her chest and within maybe 40 seconds she was sound asleep. That was at 12 and it is now 1:30pm. This afternoon we are going to our guide's room at 3 pm so that she can translate some documents for us and then we are going back to her room at 4:30 to meet with a woman who may make us some silk outfits.

I was looking through the papers they gave to us yesterday. Hannah Faith has progress reports going back to one month old and the last was in October. Each progress report says what she is doing developmentally and her routine etc. at that time. It also describes her growth and nutrition. The best part is that each report has a picture!!!!!!!!!! What an incredible gift this is... And it looks as though Hannah had the chickenpox in June. There is another little one in our group who has them now. When she met her parents on Monday, they were quite surprised to see her arrive bathing in pox! Poor little pumpkin. She is doing really well though and her family is so wonderful. As for the reports, in October it says that she weighed 21 pounds. I think she is pretty tiny. She is currently wearing 12-18 months.

Stay tuned.... xoxox

5 comments:

Donna Whitehall said...

good morning. So glad to hear all is going well. Have a great day, go to get Mady to school, will check in later. Have fun. Take care

Love Donna xoxoxox

Wanda said...

Love all the details. And wow, all the pictures and history you can treasure. That's so great!

Have a good night! (Is your bed as hard as a rock? Hope not.)

xoxo

hm said...

So happy to hear that everything is going so well. I agree with Wanda, you are really doing a great job with writing all the details...good for you.

Your Family looks great and will look even better when all five of you are together.

Hannah is so adorable I keep looking at her pictures...she really seems to be adjusting well.

All thanks to God

Helen

Joanne and Warren said...

So happy to hear that things are going smoothly. She looks like such a happy girl with lots of smiles. I love the pictures, especially the one of her kissing you and the one holding her feet. I think Hannah and Jake will get along fine.
Can't wait to hear more. Take care,
Joanne and family

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,
Last night I had the pictures of Hannah open on my screen and Ian saw them. I told him it was Hannah. "Mama, that's my friend too," he says. So there you go. Good friends waiting to see her already. Take care and enjoy the ride. It sounds like she's adopted you.
Sylvia